As expectation grows ahead of next Tuesday's Calciopoli hearing at the Tribunal of Naples, new allegations which centre around Luciano Moggi and Swiss sim cards have come to light, according to La Gazzetta Dello Sport.
Attorneys Giuseppe Narducci and Sefano Capuano are now trying to investigate an incident in which Moggi is alleged to have spoken to referees, as well as the then designator Paolo Bergamo.
In one call believed to have taken place in November 2004, Moggi speaks with Bergamo in which both men are alleged to have swapped Swiss phone numbers and other details.
Gazzetta have published a transcript which they claim is from a call between Moggi and an un-named referee.
Moggi: Hey how are you? Maybe they are scared to send you out for a game on Sunday because you said you feel ill, but you have to give them reassurances.
Moggi then calls Bergamo and complains about referee Morganti.
Moggi: Morganti needs to stay at home after the disaster he caused. He doesn't understand how things work.
As Moggi speaks on the phone, another mobile phone allegedly rings and he is intercepted speaking with a referee.
Narducci and Capuano are now expected to look into these allegations further and they will asks Moggi and his defence team to supply more information during the court hearing.
Moggi has since responded to the alleged calls to referees.
"When people say I spoke to referees, why don't they find the calls and prove it. I did not speak with referees," Moggi told Ventura Football show.
"Everything will end when people say Moggi did not do anything. No-one is guilty here. People just worked in the interests of their own clubs.
"There was no Juventus system, it was a way everyone used to communicate."
Moggi insists his mission is not to throw scorn at other clubs and accuse them of wrong doing, but merely to show that lots of people called the designators.
"I am the first to say that [Giacinto] Facchetti (then of Inter) and other directors did not do things that were out of place, but neither did Moggi nor [Antonio] Giraudo," he added.
"We want to show that there was no system involving Moggi, [Roberto] Bettega and Giraudo."
Meanwhile, Moggi's Lawyer Maurilio Prioreschi has said there will be more evidence at the next hearing.
"Our work so far has been partial. There is more to come and we are looking for other transcripts."
Inter president Massimo Moratti has been keeping a close eye on developments. He seems tranquil regarding the ongoing trial.
Reports suggested Inter could lose the 2006 Scudetto if the Italian FA proceeds with its own investigation into the calls emerging at the trial.
But, Moratti insists he is not afraid if their Scudetto is revoked.
"Scared that they will take the 2006 title away from us? Not at all," said the Nerazzurri chief.
Juventus president Jean-Claude Blanc said the club would be following developments in Naples on Tuesday, but goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon couldn't careless.
"Calciopoli is a discourse that hurts Italian football and sport in general. It creates tension that we do not need," he thundered to the press.
"Years have passed, and I am not interested. Whoever wants the Scudetto can have it."
The sixth hearing into the trial takes place on Tuesday April 20.